Wednesday 17 March 2010

Kirstenbosch

I have been suffering from a cold this week and haven't done much in the school. I have been resting a lot and not really done anything exciting. We went to Pirates on Tuesday night to say goodbye to Vivian and myself, who both leave this week. I bought the group dinner as a thank you and a goodbye. On Wednesday evening the social was on and this time it was bowling in Newlands. It was good fun and there should be some funny photos of me on Facebook soon. Here I am on Long St with Dutch Tom and some others:



On Thursday I took the day off and went to Newlands for my Projects Abroad debriefing and looked in some shops. In the afternoon I went to Kirstenbosch botanical gardens, which are beautiful now we're in the late summer.

The gardens are also filled with an array of statues and artwork, giving a sense of not knowing what is around the corner. Here are a few of pictures from the gardens:









I even managed a close up of an African Monarch butterfly:



And of course a protea, South Africa's national flower:

No comments:

Post a Comment