Thursday 4 March 2010

Pictures

I have been asked to post some more pictures. There aren't many of me in them just yet but there will be after tonight when we go out to Pirates (pub/restaurant) again and after the weekend.

Here are two pictures of baboons at the Cape of Good Hope taken from the car. They just sit by the side of the road:





Here's some lovely crashing waves at the same location:



And here's the solitary ostrich:



Here I am on the mountain:



And here's a rock hyrax (or 'dassie' as they're colloquially known here. I think it's a shortening of their Afrikaans name):



A beautiful view over the cliffs at the Cape of Good Hope. Although that lizard was basking in the sun, I think it was also a bit of a poser. I got some really close pictures of it:



Heres another penguin at Boulders Beach:



Here I am at Boulders Beach:



This picture shows the cafe opposite the school that I use each day. I'm trying to build up a rapport with the man in there as I see him every day, but I can tell he's not up for it as he's hard work:



This is the kitchen at the Bagley's house. Every day when we eat, we pray at this table and thank God for our food:



Here is Lester (the Bagley's son) playing pool upstairs at the house:



Here is another picture from Company's Gardens:



And another:



And the cafe at the centre of the gardens:



Another picture of the Muizenberg beach huts:



And one more of the kids to finish:



I hope you like them. They took ages to upload! Tomorrow I will write a post on the minibuses here. One of the many Cape Town Phenomena!

No comments:

Post a Comment