Monday 3 May 2010

Home

Saturday 24th April 2010

My flight was quite good, although I can never sleep well on a plane. Before take off the pilot said "I regret to inform you that airspace over the U.K. has been closed again...no I'm only joking, we'll take off in five minute." A good joke but a risky audience, half of which had been waiting here for about a week to get home.

I chatted to a nice South African man on the plane and relayed my experiences to him. We arrived at 6am on my birthday and were the first plane to land at Heathrow after bouncing along the runway!

My lucky streak on the luggage carousel ran out and I had to wait ages for my bag. Outside I met Clare and my mum who drove me home. It felt nice to be home, but I felt a little adjustment would be needed to settle in.

That concludes my blog. Thank you for persevering with it and I hope it provided some entertainment. It will be an interesting document to look back on in the future and I hope it's made you want to go to South Africa. I'd highly recommend it!

Take care

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment