Monday 3 May 2010

Volcanoes and Knysna

Sunday 18th April 2010

A couple of days ago, volcanic activity in Iceland directed high altitude ash towards the U.K, grounding all flights. Three days later and the majority of European airspace is almost completely closed. I therefore do not know whether I will be able to come home on Friday.

My sleep was disturbed twice in the small hours by the sound of footsteps on the wooden flooring outside my room, the second time a key was tried in the lock on my door.

In the morning I went with Rob and an Australian girl back to the bungee so that Rob could jump. After a long wait I saw him jump before the BazBus picked me up. The weather was better and I was able to take this shot of the bridge:



We drove over the bridge and continued into the Western Cape along the N2.

We presently arrived in Knysna and the Island Vibe Hostel, where we bumped into Kelly from the previous hostel. We went into the town together and ate, shopped and had some drinks before returning to the hostel to drink and chat. Island Vibe is another warm hostel run by a supremely helpful lady called Wendy.

No comments:

Post a Comment