Monday 3 May 2010

Storms River Village - Tube n' Axe hostel

Friday 16th April 2010

After an early night we jumped back on the BazBus for the short trip west to Storms River Village and the Tube n' Axe hostel. I was immediately drawn to this hostel when we arrived. It was stylish and homely as hostels should be!



Most importantly I found a left handed guitar...a sight for sore eyes:



We caught a shuttle car to Bloukrans River Bridge with two girls we'd met (Alice and Georgia), home to the worlds highest bungee jump at 226m. It was grey and cold again so my picture of the bridge wasn't great. You won't be surprised to learn that I didn't jump. I have no inclination to throw myself off a bridge. We came back to the hostel for the afternoon and I utilised the newly-found musical instrument.

Our room forms part of an outbuilding which is cramped, damp and much like a shed:



The bathroom building is attractive though, with cubicles and shower rooms within a circular building. Here is the view from our shed, the shower room on the left:



In the evening we drank with the girls and sat around the fire. Luckily my guitaring inabilities were not called upon!

1 comment:

  1. Most people you meet in a hostel will be young single backpackers, or young couples travelling together having just recently graduated uni

    La Rocca Hostels

    ReplyDelete