Monday 3 May 2010

A quiet day of work and beer!

Tuesday 6th April 2010

When I awoke on Tuesday Karen had already left to go on an all-day safari. In light of my extensive bush experience I decided not to go. I instead drove in to town and visited Postnet, a chain of overpriced couriers and printers. I posted my postcards and printed out all my Italian homework which cost me 220 rand (I hope my teacher appreciates my dedication!)

In the afternoon I sat in outside at the hostel and worked to finish my accumulated homework and therefore freed up my remaining time in South Africa. Once I was finished I sat in the sun with a beer...all that was missing was a guitar! Not the most exciting day I know, but the relaxation time was needed. Mtubatuba, along with being steamy, is very busy and chaotic with huge queues at banks and the post office. I later discovered that these queues are because workers get paid via the banks and therefore the locals must collect their money directly from the banks before shopping for food and provisions. When I stopped the car at a junction, i waited for a long time. Not because of traffic but because of the sheer numbers of pedestrians crossing in front of you.

Khumbalani Lodge is very pleasant and it certainly feels like my bail has been granted. The room even has very efficient air-conditioning. The town has no traditional restaurants, but there is a Nando's, which are very popular here.

No comments:

Post a Comment